We don’t often go to wedding fairs – they are usually slap bang in the middle of our busy season and we’re either at weddings or events or doing collections and/or washing up on Sundays! However – we thought we would do a little fair at the Corn Exchange in Blandford last weekend – just to see what response we would get and to meet new people and potential new clients.
It wasn’t the busiest day in terms of meeting new clients but it was a great day in terms of networking with other local suppliers, florists, cake makers and the like! We had a laugh with the lovely Brian Cox, Toastmaster, ate the sweets from the gorgeous sweet trolley by Gina and Julia of Sweetness (website under development but available at email@example.com!), loved the stationery from Ciao Bella, admired the amazing cakes from Gina at Cakes For Every Occasion, talked photoshoots with Darima of Darima Frampton Photography and took home some gorgeous flowers from the talented Michelle of Rhapsody….Phew…..and in-between all that we talked to a few couples about their wedding plans!!
Here’s some photos of our stand and a few of Gina’s cakes, flowers from Michelle, a lovely invitation with bunting (very vintage!) from Francesca at Ciao Bella and those sweets!!
We think its time to blow our bunting trumpet – after all we know that we’re probably the best-value, genuine, handmade-in-Dorset, vintage-bunting-provider around – and we feel very proud to offer such beautiful bunting without it costing the earth!
We stock over 300 metres of gorgeous double-sided bunting for parties, weddings and anniversaries – we post it anywhere in the UK and its just 60p per metre plus postage (or you can avoid the postage and collect it from either Weymouth or Dorchester)
CONTACT US here for a quote
We have a wide mix of colours but generally our bunting comes in either “vintage” shades – with florals, small spots and ginghams in pinks, greens, creams and lilacs, blues and peachy shades or if you’re having a zingy event then “retro” bunting comes in flower power and lava-lamp designs with lots of oranges, reds, yellows, bright greens and purples.
All of our bunting is double sided and stitched into 5 metre garlands (plus long ties for attaching). Most of our bunting uses original vintage fabrics so if you love the feel of Cath Kidston style inspired from vintage fabrics, but you don’t want your styling to be a copycat (or to cost so much) then this is the bunting for you!
How much bunting do I need??
We get asked this more than anything else… there is no precise formula – but a 70 metre marquee or a large village hall will very happily take anything from 80-100 metres of bunting – even more if your putting some outside or want to create an impressive entrance. For small scale tea parties or hen parties then a couple of garlands can create a sweet touch without being too dressy.
Our tips for hanging bunting are:
- Make large swags between the points where bunting is fastened
- If bunting is crossing the room then try and bring the ends to a point in either the centre of the room or if that’s not possible try and bring it to a focus point behind the top table
- If its a wedding – then think of photos – the key areas you need to look fabulous are behind the table where the cake will be cut, behind where speeches are happening and at the entrance
- Try using a few bunting swags along the front of the top table to make it look extra special
- Help your guests know they’ve arrived – add bunting to the gateways into your venue or entrance
- Be safe! Use a ladder for fixing up high and its much easier if there are two of you, make sure bunting is always fastened safely and out of children’s reach to reduce any hazards
- Mix colours for a rainbow or festival feel or ask for colours that match your own palette e.g. pale greens and creams, blues and pinks etc
- Add ribbons and hearts for extra prettiness and enjoy your festooning!
For more bunting inspiration check out some of our recent event pictures here…