There are very few vintage traders that we really adore – but when the lovely Nicki from the Cherry Closet told us she was opening a vintage boutique at the edge of Boscombe and it was going to be called “What Alice Found” we knew that this was going to be something REALLY special.
“What Alice Found” has now been open a whole year and is going from strength to strength including the recent introduction of Ikkonik men’s vintage clothing, featured stylings in the Daily Mail, gorgeous vintage windows and interiors, blog-features and loads of fashion shoots together with Nicki and Karen’s nominations and semi-finalist placings for the Langtry Manor Venus Women in Business awards.
We joined them at their busiest ever day – their first birthday party so we could celebrate with them in Mad Hatter style… with Sharon and Gloria from the Vintage Hair Lounge providing their wonderful beehives, victory rolls and magical coiffures plus all of the fabulous vintage clothes it really was a magical day!
Check out some of our pictures from the day here and take time to visit Boscombe and Pokesdown vintage and arts quarter on the edge of Bournemouth for more deliciousness… its one of our favourite places for a vintage day out!
For more news about What Alice Found check out this cute video with pictures about the first year!
If you’re planning something special this autumn or dreaming about your Christmas arrangements then why not make it a truly indulgent occasion by borrowing a little of the Downton Abbey style? We’ve put our favourite ideas together for this luxurious Inspiration Board – get ready to swoon!
All pictures are copyright © published here by kind permission. See below for license holder details
Dorset has such perfect venues to bring themed events to life and with so many fashions and accessories reflecting vintage loveliness at the moment as well as our own vintage china and props for finishing touches its easy to re-create this elegant style.
Contributors & Credits
Check out our Inspiring Contributors here and do get in touch with us at Vintage Dorset for china hire, authentic props & venue dressing. Going to be a sumptuous Christmas this year!
Clockwise from top right
- Jewellery and Watches from Marks & Spencer’s These lovelies were spotted by the super blogger Fabfrocks who kindly shared this picture from the recent M&S Teaparty for bloggers – read her post here
- Lion head door knocker at Tatton Park – picture copyright © Steve Atkins Photography
- Lace and beadwork dresses - gorgeous turn of the century & 1920′s reproduction dresses from the lovely Leluxe Clothing now based in Ross-on-Wye in the UK. Their catalogue is stunning…
- Pure Wool Cloche Hat Marks & Spencer’s
- Vintage Props Typewriter and Picture Frame Vintage Dorset
- Teacup and candlestick Vintage Dorset
- Norburton Hall – sumptuous Arts & Crafts Movement Country House, events and holiday venue Norburton Hall Burton Bradstock, Dorset – perfect for elegant functions, music recitals, functions and weddings in the grounds
- Silver plate teapot and Vintage China Hire Vintage Dorset picture copyright © Steve Atkins Photography
- Old Voluntary Car Pool Austin at Dorset Steam Fair - these cars were used during the first and second wars image Vintage Dorset
- Vintage style Comb by Julia Beazley of Vintage Tiaras
- A truly remarkable vintage Wedding Venue – Dorset’s own Milton Abbey and Estate - Milton Abbey